Illovo Practice for Change Programme: Business Compliance Skills
The introduction of compliance business principles enhanced by good business practices, management skills and financial management to enable a better business environment for sugarcane contractors and growers in the Noodsberg and Sezela mill areas.
- Build capacity in good business practices for sugarcane contracting business owners.
- Introduce growers to the contractual obligations of contractors and the importance of their service level agreements.
- Address challenges within the sector in order to create an enabling business environment for sugarcane contracting businesses.
Country: South Africa
Location: Noodsberg and Sezela, KwaZulu Natal
Facts / Outcome / Impact
- Provide better understanding of obligations of contractors as service providers to growers
- Empower growers and contractors to better communicate challenges and concerns
- Build operational compliance capacity
Contractor Businesses capacitated cumulatively
Training Modules completed